About Chelsea Football Club
Chelsea Football Club is a football club based in the capital city of England, London. It was founded in 1905 and its home ground is the Stamford Bridge stadium, located near the Thames River in the Hammersmith and Fulham borough of London. Chelsea is a strong team in the English Premier Leagueand is also one of the world's largest and most prestigious clubs.
Chelsea FC has been established for over a hundred years and has spent most of its time in the top tier of English football. In the early 21st century, it began to emerge as a world-class powerhouse. To date, Chelsea has won the English top-flight league championship four times, the FA Cup six times, the League Cup four times, and the UEFA Champions League twice. In the 2004-05 season, Chelsea won its first Premier League title and successfully defended it the following year. In European competitions, Chelsea also made it to the semi-finals of the Champions League in 2003-04, 2004-05, 2006-07, and 2008-09. In the 2007-08 season, Chelsea even defeated Liverpool 3-2 in the semi-finals but unfortunately lost to Manchester United on penalties in the final, settling for the runners-up spot.
In the 2009-10 season, Chelsea won the Premier League title by just one point after a thrilling final day victory over Wigan Athletic by a scoreline of 8-0, edging out Manchester United. The club also broke the record for the most goals scored in a Premier League season, surpassing 100 goals, and won the FA Cup final by defeating Portsmouth 1-0, becoming double champions.
· English Premier League: 4 times (1954/55, 2004/05, 2005/06, 2009/2010)
· FA Cup: 7 times (1970, 1997, 2000, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012)
· League Cup: 4 times (1965, 1998, 2005, 2007)
· FA Community Shield: 4 times (1955, 2000, 2005, 2009)
· UEFA Champions League: 2 times (1970/71, 1997/98)
· UEFA Super Cup: 1 time (1998)
· English Second Division: 2 times (1983/84, 1988/89)
· English Football League Trophy champions: 2 times (1986, 1990)
· FA Youth Cup champions: 3 times (1960, 1961, 2010)
· UEFA Europa League champions: 1 time (2012)